Thursday, August 4, 2011

July Project 12 {Pretty Little Studio: April Showers}

I've been having lots of fun playing with the Pretty Little Studio papers! For the month of August, if you complete a sketch challenge, you are automatically going to receive a $5 gift card - go check it out, they have one per week!  I won a $5 gift card two times now and with just a few extra bucks, I've gotten all of the pattern paper & tags used on this layout. (Do I need to mention that I have tons left over?) The only thing not from PLS is the cardstock. 
 The left side. My oldest daughter told me I should add "rain drops" with my glimmer glam, and upon my husbands approval I decided to go for it. I think I went a little too crazy but this is one of those things that can't be undone! I fussy cut those umbrellas, trying to make it like a banner. If I had just a few more of them, i would have taken the banner to the edge of the cardstock ;)
 And the right side. I don't think you can read my journaling on the little tag, but July was a month of rain for us after a 6 month drought! It wasn't much rain, but enough to make us happy :)
 I had to include a closeup of this picture. My youngest daughter avoids bedtime like any 2 year old. But she'll play possum for a while and then walk out with her blanket on her head. Not sure how she sees to walk so far out without hurting herself, but it sure is cute :)

4 comments:

mustangkayla said...

VERY cute! You were so quick on this one!

Darla Weber said...

Love the rain drops idea and glad you went for it.

Unknown said...

A great one! Love the pics, they are so fun! And that pink totally pops! Another great month of P12!

Davinie Fiero said...

Such a great idea to carry the shaped piece to both sides of the layout. Brilliant!