Sunday, September 19, 2010

August Project 12 (and July, too!)

Back in January, I started scrapping one {double page} layout per month as part of Project 12. I was so excited about the concept and it is making me feel a little better about being so far behind on my scrapping. I can't even scrap all the current photos that I want, much less scrap something from years ago!



I am very proud of myself for having kept up with Project 12 so far even though I've only shown a few here on the blog. And I've never submitted for a prize before because the prize for me is just getting the month done. They are not usually my most favorite pages...but I really cherish them for all of the details they hold. I love how they all have something similar yet look so different. In mine, I've used Kraft CS as one of the two base papers for every month.



So here is August and I've got to tell you there are several parts I'm in love with. One is the title "August" how it's all scrunched up. I'm normally VERY linear ;) The pattern papers are all from a retired collection of Stampin' Up! I've had for years and it felt so good to use some of my stash. Another part is this little owl and the rubons I mixed with it. I'm a rubon hoarder so I was glad to use some up. I'm also an owl hoarder...I have a whole separate section in my stash that is devoted to owl paper, rubons, embellishments, etc. I'm glad to finally be using some of that, too!You can see more rubons in the tree - the owl and 'shrooms. I stickled the heck out of the flower paper and the tree cut out. It's a very pretty LO in real life :)

One thing I wish is that I had stitched instead of doodled...but I'm just not comfortable enough yet to sew on a layout - especially a double pager!

Here is July, which I also finished this week...

My favorite part on this one is the little word stickers on the photos in the collage. I saw that somewhere recently and was so proud of myself for remembering to try it ;)
Whew, that was a long post...as always, thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Karen, those are great! Kudos to you for keeping up! :-)

mustangkayla said...

Did you know that gal who does the Project 12 lives in my area? I thought that kinda cool since I rarely come across scrapbookers online from Oregon. Fantastic layouts! I especially like the first one and how you did the title and the owl!

A Sarasota said...

Your 2-pagers are fabulous!!! The photo of you two in the slide tube is my favorite. Miss chatting with ya daily at CC... have a great fall!
alecia

Davinie Fiero said...

I'm so glad to have you along! I really like the color palette you chose for this one and how you chose your patterns. The owl on the rubon tree branch is super cute and I like the way you arranged the alphas for the title.

Thank you for playing along!