Thursday, April 11, 2013

Birds of A Feather April Kit {My Mind's Eye: Collectable, Echo Park: All About A Boy}


Today I have for you my first set of creations using the Birds of A Feather Kit, Co April Kit. This first layout is a perfect example of how well this kit blends the two different manufacturers. I created this for the MME sketch challenge that you can see here. You have until April 16th to enter!
 The base and a few accents are from Echo Park, All About A Boy but then the main accent strip and snap shot card are from My Mind's Eye, Collectable. The embellishments are a mix of MME, EP, Studio Calico and Cosmo Cricket! Some closeups:


This next layout is a record for me! The pictures were taken on Saturday and I scrapped them on Sunday! This time I started with a MME base and then embellished with both lines. The EP element stickers brought the lazout together quickly!
I used a Page Maps sketch for this layout, from November of 2012.



And lastly, but probably most important for my house right now:
Chore jars for my girls! I started with the EP washi tape, added some EP element stickers, Studio Calico veneers, MME enamel dots and then the finishing touch with the jute. LOVE how these turned out!


Covering the craft sticks was the most time consuming part...but love them. I color coded the sticks based on types of chores to make MY life easier. This is a project that I originally pinned here but then made it my own.
Whew, what a long post! Don't forget to go enter the sketch challenge at MME with this great kit! And if you haven't picked up the kit yet, hurry! Only 1 kit left and it can be found here.



No comments: