Sunday, May 26, 2013

June Kit Birds of a Feather Kit Co. {Maude Asbury: Gabbie; AC Dear Lizzy: Lucky Charm}

Happy Memorial Day weekend! I'm first up to reveal the awesome June kit at Birds of A Feather Kit Co. I just LOVE the papers in this kit!  
I fell in love with the arrows built in to this background paper. I used my knife to cut the arrows so I could layer my Dear Lizzy paper and diecut card behind them. I painted the corrugated sun with yellow and then a touch of gold and then added a piece of flair.  
I can't forget to mention that I used sketch #93 at Inspired Blueprints for this layout. Another closeup:
The end of the school year is coming so I wanted to make a couple of cards for my 1st grader's teachers. Both cards say "Summer is here" on the inside. For the first one I used one of the Dear Lizzy diecut cards and then layered yet another flair and corrugated sun.

 And for the other card, I used the Jillibean Soup Diecut Frames and word sticker. I had to include a cute flair here, too! The chevron pattern is the packaging from the corrugated shapes.
You can check out the rest of the June kit here, there are only a few kits left!

2 comments:

Drea Slee said...

Awesome work with the kit Karen!! I love how you cut the arrows! I'm following your blog now too!

mustangkayla said...

Cute layout and I love your cards!