Monday, October 20, 2008

Santa Christmas Card

I had a sudden urge to design my Christmas card for this year. I know, it's not even Halloween yet...but if I need supplies, I need to order them soon.

I pulled out the Christmas stamp sets that I own and started looking online for ideas. I want a card that is red and black because the picture of my soon to be three year old daughter is going to be taken in a red petticoat.

Side note: I hosted a portrait party last weekend and we saw a preview of the petticoats that Tasha bought for her Christmas Mini-session....so I went out and bought a cute top from Gymboree and blue jeans (hopefully she'll wear them!) to go with the red petticoat. If you are in the Houston area and want Christmas pictures, checkout this site. You can also check out Tasha's blog here for more info on the pettis. I love Tasha's work so much that she's the only photographer that I've used in over a year and a half!!!

Back to business: I came across a santa card online....and I've seen them before...I think I even made one at a stamp class! But I knew this is exactly what I wanted since my daughter's shirt says "Santa's Favorite" on it. So this is my version. I didn't have silver eyelets but may get them to try it out. I heart rhinestones right now...they are the "o"s in Ho! Ho! Ho!

What do you think? Any suggestions? I'm thinking of making the buckle a little thinner...

Plan to post this as an item for sale on Etsy whenever I finalize the card.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute... love the card.
i wish i had time to handmake cards still. :)

Becky said...

CUTE! I'm already convulsing at the thought of the pic! :-)