Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happiness

Happiness is a few hours at home all by myself! Wednesdays are the days just for me, but I rarely get to spend that time at home doing what I want to do. Today was the day :) It ended up being only a couple of hours, but I managed to scrapbook and get this done:
 I completed this for the "Use-your-stash Challenge" at Birds of a Feather Kit Co....the challenge was to use at least 3 types of bling. I was at a loss for what I would do until someone mentioned sequins. I found this guy in a pack of two at Michael's for $2! My alphas are glittery & I also included the rhinestone flower :)
I'm officially addicted to stitching! I would guess I'm doing about half machine and half by hand and am learning to slow down so that I don't make so many mistakes, lol. I lifted this layout from Janet. When I saw her misting, I knew that I wanted to try it! (I was starting to think I never would use mists) I finally found a bottle of chalkboard glimmer mist - some shade of pink, of course ;) - and love the effects. You can't tell in the picture but there is a nice, shiny glitter feel to the misting :) I did pick up a bottle of brown as well so you can expect to see more misting from me!

2 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Yay for trying mists! It looks great! LOVE that butterfly! CUTE layout!

Suzanne said...

Oh, Karen! That is beautiful!