Monday, August 5, 2013

August Kit Reveal Birds of A Feather {Simple Stories: I Heart Summer; Glitz Design: Color Me Happy}

I *heart* this kit! I have three reveals scheduled for this month and am already churning on ideas for the next one. Can't wait!

What first stood out to me was the chalkboard paper (and tape) and library pockets - made me think of back to school! I wanted to get a head start on beginning of year teacher gifts so I have been browsing Pinterest. I found this really neat idea and FREE printable and knew I wanted to do that for the teachers. I also knew that I wanted one for myself! Ha! So I took to the Simple Stories Chalkboard paper and cut out the saying from the corner. Here's what I came up with:

I followed the instructions on the link above for painting the mason jar: black spray paint, yellow spray paint and then polyurethane. I etched the raised parts with a coin or my finger nail. I will be scratching less off next time...I went a little overboard in my opinion!

I plan on keeping this on my desk to help keep me happy :) And I *will* be making some for teachers with the printable that I referenced above!

For the beginning of a school year, I also like to make cards for the teachers with their names on them. I loved the Pebbles notecards and pockets - so I have left the card blank to personalize with teacher names once we get those later this month. I came up with a card for each of my daughters to give and I liked the design so much I also made a birthday card to personalize and use later! Here's my trio of cards:
and closeups of each:


There are still 3 kits left in the shop and I don't know how! The kit is SO fun and really meshes well together. Projects, cards, layouts....this is a great kit for summertime as well as school! Have you been creating with the kit? Come show us in the gallery

No comments: