Monday, August 19, 2013

My last posting for my design term at Birds of A Feather Kit Co!

I am back today with another installment of I pinned it then I did it :) This first layout, I pinned the sketch so it counts, too. I used the August kit at BOAF and an August PageMap's sketch.

This project was something I have seen pinned many, many times on Pinterest. Lately, I've been using mason jars for anything I can think of! Chore system, sauce packet organizer, flower vase, collecting spot of soda tabs... I wanted to make a back to school gift for my 2nd grader's teacher and when I found out it was a man, decided I needed to find something different than I've done before. So I picked up a drink carrier and grabbed 4 mason jars.
 I hit up the one dollar section to find erasers, binder clips, pencil grips and paperclips (hidden behind the stickers). The stickers are from my teaching days and the peanut M&Ms were on sale!
I wanted some consistency to each side so I included the black chalkboard paper on each side and also did some doodling with a white pen. It was hard to embellish without using flowers!

For this side, I covered up the U and N in SUN so that I could make it say "second grade".
 The school days wood piece came from my stash and that pinwheel is the request of my 2nd grader ;)
 Year and room number.
 I didn't want to call the teacher "sunshine" so I trimmed that part off and turned the comma into an exclamation point.
I finished the handle off by adding...you guessed it...washi tape! I have used this washi on almost every project with this kit but I still have most of the roll left. So with this kit, I made 3 cards, 3 layouts and 2 altered projects - with plenty leftover for several more layouts or projects. 

This is my last reveal for my term with the design team over at Birds of A Feather and I want to thank Amy for the chance and Linda for her guidance over the past 6 months - it's been a blast!!

No comments: