Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Family {SEI Paper}

Here I am using orange again! All of the papers were given to me at our bookclub meeting for our make and take. I think the papers are SEI - not something I would have picked up myself but they go well with this picture. Some of the paper also has flocking on it - pretty cool! I didn't realize it till I actually started putting this together. I copied the layout exactly like the front cover of our Pine Cone Press Design's idea book - but they used the Jolly By Golly line from Cosmo Cricket. I tried to find an image to show but didn't come across one easily - and am too lazy to just go take a picture of my book!
What I really thought was neat was making my own "chipboard". I got the idea from someone on the Quickutz Yahoo group forum. I used the Silhouette to cut "family" 3 times and then glued them together. It gave the added dimension to the page without having to use popdots...would have been hard with this font to keep them hidden. Stacking them was actually very easy - I expected to have some issues getting them stacked so nicely.
One more layout to share tomorrow (NOT orange!) then I'll have to get busy again!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oooo - different! I like it!