Friday, January 30, 2009

Circle Flip Up Book

When I go to my monthly scrapping "book club" we get to do a make and take while we are there - inspired by the book and provided by the store. Plus we get 2 kits to make from the book (I'll get to those kits after I finish making Valentines).

For this month's make and take, it was to create a circle flip up book. I was so excited because I had seen a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers last month but hadn't gotten around to making one yet. Instead of using the papers the store provided, I picked out Valentine's paper to make an album for my daughter.

This is the product. The book is closed here, tied with ribbon. Untie the ribbon and it unfolds to this-
Then you tie the ribbons again and the album stays open. Section 1-
Section 2-
Section 3-
Section 4-
Another pic of the last section. You can get the idea of how it looks completely open.
This is so cute in person. I had to "let go" (quite often) because I didn't want to waste time trying to find pictures that would fit perfectly into the wedges. And my biggest complaint is the cover - I wanted the title to be "Brooke's First Loves" with the S on the end. But there's no room for the "s" AND I've run out of them in the pack of stickers.

I've spent about a day and a half working on this - off and on when my daughter would allow! Luckily, she had a little friend to play with tonight for about 2 hours after dinner. I would say that's when most of this came together. I was very lucky that many of the supplies in my stash coordinated with the paper :)

The book really was quite easy to assemble - don't be intimidated! To see other samples, you can click here - some don't use photos or at least not as many as I did. I think they look nice that way too.

5 comments:

Momma T said...

OMG..that is precious!! great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Makes me jealous that you're doing the class again... maybe in another year I'll be able to fit it in!

Becky said...

Super cute!

Momma T said...

Hey, I foundt this...

http://kathyadamsclark.blogspot.com/

Traveling Mama said...

What an adorable project! Super cute pics too!