Saturday, February 28, 2009

I think I need a 12 step program

The Houston Area is having a Scrapbook Store Shop Hop this weekend through next weekend. 7 stores are participating, 4 of which are relatively close to where I live. Of the other 3, I visit one monthly for my "book club".

The remaining two are 45 mins or more away from me. Bestie H and I visited those 2 stores today - I was gone from my house for 8 hours!!! We hit construction on the way home (my fault) then exited when we should have stayed on the freeway (Bestie's fault) so that added a lot of time. It was fun though and I would do it all again! In fact, we'll be visiting 2 more stores together next weekend....

I really hope anyone wanting to come to the stores down this way realizes that the major freeway will be closed down next weekend! I hope they visited today...

So if you'd asked me 6 months ago what my scrapbook obsession was, I would have said embellishments...probably ribbon being the worst. But I have to say, now, I think my biggest problem is with paper.

This is a sampling of what I picked up today:

And this is the stack of all of the paper I bought. I seriously need to buy a new organizer just for what I bought today!
I went overboard, but it was at the store farthest away from me - which happens to probably be the largest as well. I've only visited there 3 times in the last 5 years or so and don't plan on returning anytime soon...

The really sad part is that I have 4 more stores to visit. Hopefully I'll be more restrained at those :)

Anyone recovering from this addiction that could be my sponsor for the 12 step patterned paper addiction program?

No comments: