Friday, September 23, 2011

Please, Not The Bottom Lip {October Kit: Birds of a Feather Kit Co; Crate Paper: Farmhouse Collection}

This is my third layout using the October kit from Birds of a Feather Kit Co
Let's talk about this picture. It was from 4 years ago so I can't really remember why she was crying, but I'm pretty sure it was a combination of being tired, hot, hungry and also jealous.  Her cousin was with us for pictures and she wasn't used to sharing attention! I promise, she was not hurt ;-) Both of my girls learned very quickly, if they curl their bottom lip, we give in pretty quickly so I bet that I picked her up right after this picture was taken.
 I was so excited to see a zipper in the kit. I have zippers already waiting to be used in my stash but I felt forced to finally try making a zipper flower and this is what I came up with. They are SO easy to make! 
 But, they are bulky so I had to add some dimension to the page. I started with pleating the brown paper and then I also added a layer behind this chipboard flower. 
I added a layer of cardboard behind the picture to help it pop up off the page too. I don't normally like so much bulk on my layouts but every once in a while, it's fun! I also distressed many of the edges with my Heidi Swapp distresser as well as inked most everything on the page. I even pulled out my mists for this page! (click on the first image to be able to see the inking & misting best!)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend coming up!

3 comments:

Heather Landry said...

Oh that photo just melts my heart! I love the title. My kids do the same thing and get the exact same response. LOL I loved your page. That zipper flower rocks!

mustangkayla said...

LOVE the details! The dimension is great! Fantastic job on the zipper flower and embelly clusters! :-)

janet said...

Gorgeous details on this one, Karen. That picture is just too cute...good job with the bottom lip!! Love the b&w with the colors.