Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bookclub Projects

Last month's projects for Pine Cone Press' Not Your Ordinary Bookclub were for the book "Celebrate the Good Times" (am I supposed to underline or italicize that?).

The first kit was a summer page using BoBunny paper. I stayed pretty close to the sample in the book but did change a few things and I think mine is veeeery cute! (might have something to do with the kid though!) On this page, I added stickles to the waves and sun-


And on this page, I took the journaling block out (I did mine in a line across both pages) and added the three flowers. I had to go shopping for ric-rac as the kit didn't come with enough. Then I added stickles to that and the flowers.
The other kit used Pine Cone Press papers and man is it ever frustrating when they only give us one of each sheet of patterned paper. ESPECIALLY when it's double sided paper! The "What a Hoot" paper had my attention because I love owls but haven't used them much in my scrapping (although I've collected A LOT!). The theme was birthday so instead of doing 40th as in the book, I went back to my oldest daughter's first bday.
Up until about 4 hours ago, I wasn't even going to show this LO - I was very bothered by all of the patterned papers but was committed since I already made so many cuts. I started off copying the LO in the book but changed it completely. I'm happier now because I covered one of the patterns with the brown cardstock. Stickles on the leaves and rhinestones for the eyes. One of the owls even has heart rhinestones :)
Each of the pictures is actually a fold-out mini-album. They all have 3 pictures except for the one below on the right - it has 7 pictures tucked in there!
And each of the sets has an owl as a tab to lift up.
I definitely think this layout is even cuter in person (aren't they all?). It took me several days of work (off and on of course) and I am TIRED of looking at it. I have a couple of sketches that I'm dying to try but I wouldn't allow myself to work on those until this was done! lol

It's 12:30 am....now I have to decide to start a new project or get some sleep....tough decision! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

definitely like your palm beach layout better than the one in the book... I look forward to seeing them in person - like you said, it's just not the same in a photo!