Monday, August 31, 2009

Studio Calico & Pagemaps Contest

I saw this sketch contest on the Pagemaps blog and this is what I came up with: Ehh. It's not my favorite layout but I'm not sure why. I certainly strayed a lot from the sketch...that all started because I trimmed too much from the picture.
I cut the flowers out using the Silhouette and they needed something. But I didn't have enough of any one embellishment to have it consistent. I wish now that I had just embellished a few and used the same embellishment. Oh well... I did discover that I really like teal and brown together, and I bet it will look even better with Kraft CS!

I thought about not even posting this but wanted to prove that I am getting over my perfectionism! (That darn half-circle rub-on - I almost had it on there perfect!)

2 comments:

Momma T said...

This is fantastic! I would like to do this in browns and blues.

Lindsay said...

Such a fun take on the sketch! I love the pink and the blue with the tan! Good luck! :)