Thursday, August 20, 2009

My little Rock Star

I had the perfect two pictures for the 2nd sketch this month at Stuck? Sketches. I had actually picked out different paper and then went to Hobby Lobby to look for letters. {Since all stickers were 50% I stocked up on the letters....and I had NO IDEA that they carried Thickers and these puffy polka dot letters - they are my favorite right now!} While there, I happened to notice this sheet of paper - can you believe Hobby Lobby is carrying paper like this now?! Those stars and guitar, including the rhinestones around the stars, were already on the paper! I didn't follow the sketch exactly - mainly because the paper had so much embellishment on it that I didn't want to cover. And the title - those letters were just too big to run the title down the paper instead of across.
I added a few more rhinestones...
And I cut the starts for the center of the flowers using my Silhouette. MAN does that machine come in handy!
I need to go back to Hobby Lobby without kids so I can spend more time browsing - I'm really surprised with the inventory they are carrying now. And with those 50% sales....wow!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Caaauuuuute!!!!!!

Marjorie said...

Darling!!! I love the guitar, my oldest DD is SOOO into rock star stuff right now!

Momma T said...

I's jealous!