Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Best Chicks {My Mind's Eye: Abbey Road - Whirly Bird "Shine" and "Best Friends"}

I based this layout on a sketch at yet ANOTHER sketch site, 52 Sketches . . . 52 Weeks. This is based on sketch #11. The original idea came from a post I saw at The Pink Ninjas. I headed over to one of my LSSs yesterday and when I saw this paper, I knew I wanted it for this picture. I don't care for the shade of pink on the glitter letters...but it was the best I had.
Hidden journaling is great because 1) I wrote several sentences but it doesn't clutter the layout and 2) I don't have to feel so exposed with my thoughts out in the open for all to see! I think most people won't even realize there's journaling hidden there :)
I knew I needed a second page so I could pop that birdie up - and decided to pop up some of the flowers ,too.This makes two layouts this week that wasn't of my girls - it's been fun! Don't worry though...I've done several pages of them as well :)
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Chirp of approval! ;-)

Amy said...

that is really adorable and that's also a GREAT sketch! You totally did it justice :)

Momma T said...

Nice....put you may need to do some photoshop on the pic and replace it afterwards...I would like to have a clearer complexion...kthanxbye...