These two layouts are from one of the two kits from this month's bookclub. I like the paper MUCH better after seeing it with my pictures. When I first got it, I wasn't sure I would have pictures that really coordinated with it. Luckily, the pictures from last year's portrait party looked GREAT with the paper!
I designed this page based on sketch #16 at Inspired Blueprints. I did use a couple of pieces of paper that is not MME but the rest is from The Spider's Web line.( And after seeing the picture on the computer, I went back to add more pearls!) Credit for this next title goes again to my sister!
What I think is interesting...is that what looked acceptable in real life (the font for "dolled up") is totally NOT acceptable when I see it on the computer screen (just like for the layout above needing more pearls). It does not fit with the idea of the whole page and I WILL be changing it. Probably with red gingham paper like my sister suggested ;) The reason I originally thought it would work is because of the "dripping" in the bracket and in the font for "halloween night" but, well, NO.
I only wish that I had thought to put makeup on her for these pictures...those red cheeks add so much to the costume! There's no "bling" on this page...but I'm guessing once I see what others did at our bookclub meeting, that I'll come away with an idea to dress it up a little (pun intended!).
Thanks for looking - I still have a couple of more layouts planned with these kits so hopefully I'll get to them this week...