Saturday, July 23, 2011

Birds of a Feather Crop

As promised, I've been scrapping my weekend away! I was up WAY late last night and got these first two layouts done. This first one is my favorite for the weekend so far! I used a PageMaps sketch and Cosmo Cricket's Pixie-licious line. The challenge was to create a layout using a large photo (5x7 or larger). 
 I couldn't get a picture of the journaling because the wind was picking my layouts up and carrying them across my yard! But it's a saying "Cousin to cousin, we'll always be, special friends from the same family tree" - perfect for this picture of my oldest DD and my niece!
 This next layout I lifted from an Archivers ad...and the one in the ad was SO much cuter than this turned out :( The challenge for this one was a recipe: 2 photos, 1 banner, a homemade tag and a handful of bright colors. I'm also entering it in this week's challenge at The Paper Variety to create a project with a grid.
 I started this layout last night and spent today finishing it up. Boy it was a lot of work! So many details that I can't show you without closeups...you'll just have to believe me :) This layout is based on the June Project 12 sketch and was created for the challenge to scrap "What I did this summer". I used photos from last week's trip to Build A Bear - where the kiss the heart, rub it on their knees, nose, etc, before putting it inside their animal for stuffing. I wish I had paid more attention to what the importance was for each step!
I have 5 of the 8 challenges done and am trying to work on those last 3. We have till Wednesday to get our challenges done so I should be able to get them all done!

2 comments:

mustangkayla said...

You've been ROCKIN' the challenges! LOVE that first one. One of my all time faves of yours!

janet said...

You are doing such a great job on these challenges! I love all your layouts!